Flip is a core technology that we developed in order to create Ohm Studio, which we think is probably the most advanced complex real time collaborative application.
Flip is a data model library, designed as a framework, real-time collaboration-oriented, transactional, portable and compact.
Here is a video that explains when and why you should use it, and how it works. The first part of this video is for decision makers, the second is for developers.
- Real-time collaboration-oriented data model framework library
- Single-user development turns seemlessly into a multi-user application.
- Undo/Redo and history are handled for free.
- Copy/Paste can be automatic or refined to your needs very simply
- Performant Lock-free multi-threaded/multi-process oriented architecture.
- Server side is limited to data model code, making it less prone to bugs (no bug found in our Ohm Studio server data model client side implementation over 5 years without specific care)
- High stability: only 2 bugs (framework side) discovered in the server over the last year. Fixed few hours later.
- High performance oriented, extensible, validated and future-proof document format.
Client model development in C++ then other languages bridges
- Portable C++ code (standard library, no external dependencies)
- Development under: gcc4.0 or later, VC8 or later
- Platforms: Windows, MacOS X, Linux, iOS. Android bridge coming...